How can you take your digital adoption from 0 to 100 in no time flat?
The answer is simple:
- Modernize your IT
- Create a digital transformation plan
- Have a formalized digital adoption function
- Design digital adoption programs that get results
All of this is easier said than done, of course…
But it’s not impossible.
So let’s dive in and discover how to go from digitally immature to fully digitized.
Why Digital Transformation and Adoption?
To start, it’s important to understand the goal:
What is digital transformation and adoption?
Digital transformation “digitizes” or “digitalizes” businesses.
This involves digital adoption, organizational change, and organizational development.
Such processes help companies:
- Adopt new technology
- Build digital-first business processes
- Implement modern strategies and business practices
Where is your company going?
In the digital ecosystem, it takes work to stay relevant and competitive.
But each company has its own aims.
These can include:
- Product innovation
- Customer experience innovation
- Marketplace domination
Among other things.
Understanding your company’s direction is important.
This information will help you learn what technology to adopt, why it needs adopting, and how to adopt it.
Why does digital maturity matter?
A digitally immature business is at a competitive disadvantage.
But companies that are more digitally mature will stand out, stay ahead, and dominate.
Digital technology isn’t everything, of course.
But it is a competitive differentiator.
A wide range of companies, from Amazon to Starbucks, have proven this.
Such examples also show why it’s so important to become more digitally mature…
In the digital economy, survival depends on it.
How to Take Your Digital Adoption from 0 to 100 – In No Time Flat
In today’s fast-paced, cutthroat marketplace, speed is a weapon.
Speed matters when it comes to:
- Organizational change
- Delivering products and services
- Adapting to new circumstances
The faster a business can do these things, the better they will perform in their industry.
Therefore, every business shouldn’t just focus on digital transformation and adoption.
They should also focus on speed and agility.
With that in mind, let’s look at some ways to make your digital adoption agenda stronger, better, and faster.
1. Do you have the right culture?
Company culture can either hinder change or help your company transform.
Here are qualities that can fuel digital transformation and adoption:
- Cultures that are change-centric
- Data cultures – that is, cultures that use data and analytics to optimize business processes
- Cultures built around digital technology, workflows, and ideas
- Innovative company climates
In short, build a culture that is change-friendly.
Startups are fast-paced, enthusiastic, and they are fueled by change.
These are the types of culture that can help you go from digital 0 to 100 … fast.
2. How advanced is your change management function?
To succeed, change must be managed.
Change management is the business function that:
- Streamlines change
- Decreases costs
- Lowers employee resistance
- Improves project outcomes
- Speeds up project timelines
In today’s ecosystem, change management is vital for successful digital transformation efforts.
3. How digitally mature is your company?
Also, how digitally mature do you plan to be?
It’s important to know:
- Where you stand relative to competitors
- What tools you currently use
- How modern those tools are
- What tools you need to adopt in order to move forward
- Where you want to be
This information will help you create a digital transformation journey map.
Let’s see how that can be used to boost your digital adoption results…
4. What is your current digital transformation agenda?
When you know your digital maturity level, you’ll be able to:
- Set the right change management goals
- Develop a digital transformation strategy
- Decide which tools you need to achieve your goals
Among other things.
A digital transformation agenda is a roadmap or journey map.
Having this model will help you develop a decisive, forward-thinking plan.
Without it, you won’t have goals to move towards, let alone a strategy for getting there.
5. Do you have formalized digital adoption processes?
This question is the most important of them all.
If you want to take your digital adoption from 0 to 100, you must have a formalized digital adoption function.
Here are some key ingredients to include:
- A formal digital adoption business function. The most fundamental requirement for digital adoption success is actually having a digital adoption function. This can range from dedicated resources to a full-fledged department, depending on the scale of the organization.
- Digital adoption managers. A digital adoption manager does what the name suggests – he or she directs, manages, and leads adoption efforts. This individual is instrumental in helping organizations get real ROI from their adoption efforts.
- Digital adoption platforms. Digital adoption platforms speed up onboarding and training, cut digital adoption costs, and much more. Through in-app tutorials, behavioral analytics, automation, and other features, they deliver significant ROI.
A formal digital adoption function will dramatically improve your digital adoption efforts.
Pay careful attention to the digital adoption platforms you use.
Also, make sure you hire the right digital adoption manager.
The right digital adoption processes – in combination with the information collected above – will help you take your digital adoption processes from 0 to 100…
In no time flat.