Digital adoption solutions help your business adopt technology faster, more efficiently, at lower cost.
The right digital adoption solution is not just icing on the cake … it is critical in today’s competitive marketplace.
Get your Free Digital Adoption Certificate
There are reasons for this massive demand:
- Digital transformation is the “new normal” in many countries
- Digital adoption solutions improve user engagement and productivity
- Organizations want more ROI from their change management initiatives
Below, we’ll explore what digital adoption solutions are, why they matter, and what to look for in digital adoption providers.
What Are Digital Adoption Solutions?
Digital adoption solutions are products that help organizations adopt and implement new software or technology.
Technically speaking, e-learning software and learning management systems may be included in this category.
However, digital adoption platforms (DAPs) are the biggest players in this space.
A digital adoption platform is software that:
- Offers interactive, in-app guidance and tutorials for new software
- Analyzes software usage metrics to gain insight into user behavior
- Automates tasks that waste user time
Among other things.
Overcoming Obstacles with Digital Adoption Solutions
Every new technology adoption program requires large investments in, for example:
- The technology itself
- Training and onboarding
- Change management
On top of investments such as these, organizations must deal with obstacles such as:
- Resistance to change
- Dips in productivity during adoption
- User abandonment
Digital adoption platforms and solutions were developed to solve these problems.
They also increase ROI because they offer huge benefits to client organizations.
Some of the biggest include:
- Decreased learning curves
- Users who are more competent
- Boosted user engagement – whether those users are customers or staff
- Shorter adoption timelines
- Higher productivity levels
The right solution, therefore, can have a major impact on the success or failure of a digital adoption initiative.
But how do you know which digital adoption solution is the right one?
Below, we’ll cover a few approaches that can help you choose an appropriate provider for your needs.
What to Look for When Choosing a Provider
Ultimately, ROI should help you determine which solution provider is best suited for your situation.
But ROI does not simply refer to software ROI…
Because as we’ve seen, the digital adoption process itself impacts your project’s ROI.
And it does not mean finding the cheapest provider.
After all, “you get what you pay for.”
Instead, it means getting the best bang for your buck.
All of the benefits mentioned above – such as increased engagement and productivity – translate into ROI.
Reaping those benefits, therefore, should be the main focus.
When evaluating solutions providers, here are a few areas to consider:
- Your goals. First and foremost, you must know your aim. There is no point choosing a provider who doesn’t offer the right solution for your needs.
- Added value offered by the provider. It’s also worth noting that not every company knows the full potential of a digital adoption solution. This is a cutting-edge field, after all. There may be added value or benefits – which you haven’t considered – that could greatly improve ROI.
- Budget and the cost of the solution. While ROI should dictate your choice, there is no point shopping for a solution you can’t afford. If the cost of the solution outweighs the potential ROI, then perhaps you should put it on the back burner.
- The provider’s reputation and track record. Not all digital adoption solutions are created equal. Do your due diligence to determine whether this company has a solid history … and, just as importantly, whether you think they will be around in the next few years.
- Third-party research. One way to verify the quality of a product is through third-party research. What do research firms say about the provider? Unbiased opinions can help you weed out the wheat from the chaff.
- The future needs of your organization. Also, consider future technology needs. What projects will you start in the next few months or years? Will this provider be an appropriate choice for those as well?
Weigh these considerations carefully.
Making the right decision can, after all, have a big impact on the success of your adoption program.
Digital adoption solutions are on the way up.
Today, there are only a few that offer really robust solutions.
The more advanced platforms, for instance:
- Dive deep into user behavior, with AI-driven analytics and user metrics
- Offer more insight into user behavior, adapting to user needs and further boosting adoption metrics
- Continually improve the user experience, user engagement, and user productivity
Regardless of the industry you are in, effective digital adoption can add significant value to your business.
For that reason, it’s critical to choose the right solution provider.
Hopefully, the ideas mentioned in this article can help you do just that.