Developed by a scientist working in Motorola during the 1980s, the term Six Sigma refers to the optimization of production while maximizing efficiency and effectiveness. Companies adopt this process all over the world to increase profits and minimize product defects using these essential steps in a six sigma process:
- Define: What problem do you need to fix? In this first step, the team defines a flawed process on which they need to focus. The process is identified through an analysis of company goals and requirements.
- Measure: This is the phase where the baselines are created to assess a given process’s performance. Having benchmarks for comparison is essential, as, without them, tracking improvements becomes very difficult.
- Analyze: The next step is to analyze the process by isolating each input or the potential reason for failure and finally testing it as the root cause.
- Improve: In this phase, the team begins working on improving system performance.
- Control: Finally, the team adds measures of control to the process to ensure that it doesn’t regress and becomes ineffective once again.
What is Lean Six Sigma?
To put it simply, Lean Six Sigma is the integration of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies intended to reduce waste and defects while boosting the effectiveness and results of production. While the Lean methodology focuses on efficiency, Six Sigma is focused on how more effective processes can lead to quicker outputs.
Top Reasons to Learn Lean Six Sigma
Help Organizations to Reduce Risk and Eliminate Defects
With Six Sigma training and the right project management tools, an individual can become vital to an organization’s ability to identify and eliminate defects.
Know the factors affecting employee performance
Improve Business Processes
Once you complete Lean Six Sigma training, you will be capable of analyzing and improving an organization’s manufacturing and business processes. Also, you’ll be able to conduct an in-depth inspection of how they impact quality performance.
Increases Value Across Industries
Multiple industries like marketing, HR, technology, banking, etc., leverage Six Sigma techniques for streamlining business processes, cutting costs, improving efficiency, and boosting the bottom line. So if you train in Lean Six Sigma, you can have the opportunity to increase business value across various industries.
Real-World Examples of Six Sigma
Microsoft, one of the largest software companies globally, implemented Six Sigma methodologies to leverage a robust, data-driven process to help eliminate any errors in their systems and data centers, systematically decreasing IT infrastructural problems.
Ventura County, California, used Lean Six Sigma methodologies and saved $33 million. The local government started using the program on a county-wide level in 2008 and trained over 5,000 employees on implementing the processes.
The Top 3 Lean Six Sigma Training Courses for 2022
Started in 2011, International Lean Six Sigma Institute offers lifetime access to course materials and future updates. The program offered is highly affordable and comes with a money-back guarantee. Here are the certifications that it offers in Six Sigma courses, along with their prices:
- Green Belt – $69
- Black Belt – $99
- Master Black Belt – $149
- Champion – $149
- Deployment Leader – $149
- Yellow Belt – $49
- Trainer – $199
- Coach – $199
Along with lifetime access to the education portal and future updates, it also offers live monthly Q&A sessions. Once you pay the exam fee, you have one year to take the training exam. After successfully passing, there is no need for retraining or additional fees.
The Lean Six Sigma Institute was established more than two decades ago. It allows students six months to complete a Lean Six Sigma course. No prior experience is required for this training and its self-paced program allows access to a community of Lean Six Sigma practitioners who provide constant support to students. The course can be completed using a PC, tablet, or even a mobile phone. Here are the certifications that the Lean Six Sigma Institute offers along with their prices:
- Lean Yellow ($599 for self-paced and $1,299 for instructor-led)
- Lean Green ( $999 for self-paced and $2,399 for instructor-led)
- Lean Black ($1,499 for self-paced and $3,499 for instructor-led)
- Lean Master Black ($1,997 for self-paced and $4,599 for instructor-led)
- Lean Champion ($299 for self-paced and $999 for instructor-led)
American Society for Quality is known for being one of the best lean Six Sigma training courses because of its global reputation, meticulous exam prep, and training program that focuses on subject mastery and training registry.
The program was started in 1946 and has educated students from over 130 countries. Apart from Six Sigma, it also provides training in various disciplines, including management, foundation quality, engineering, and more.
The perks of completing Six Sigma training courses cannot be exaggerated. For individuals, expanding their knowledge base and gaining essential skills have become necessary for thriving in this competitive market. As an employer, it has become crucial to hire employees focused on creating streamlined processes and achieving better outputs. Use it to your advantage and you’ll see the results in no time.