For business professionals interested in digital adoption, obtaining a DAP certification (Digital Adoption Platform Certification) can be an excellent career move.
Offered by WalkMe’s Digital Adoption Institute, DAP certifications are ideal for those who want to build, manage, or lead digital adoption programs.
With each passing year, more businesses are realizing the need for effective, permanent digital adoption functions within their organizations.
As a consequence, digital adoption skills are becoming more valuable and in-demand.
5 Reasons to Get a DAP Certification
Below, we’ll look at five benefits to investing in WalkMe’s DAP training program:
1. Cutting-edge digital adoption skills and knowledge
First and foremost, DAP certification can provide trainees with digital adoption skills that are relevant, up-to-date, and useful.
Training at WalkMe’s institute tends to focus on three main areas:
- Building digital adoption solutions: the technical side of implementing and managing digital adoption solutions.
- Managing digital adoption projects: organizing, coordinating, and leading digital adoption teams and projects.
- Leading digital adoption programs: designing, managing, and leading large-scale digital adoption and technology-driven transformation efforts.
Since each of the above roles – builder, manager, and leader – has its own set of responsibilities, training is customized to suit each particular job function.
DAP certification, therefore, is relevant to professionals working at any level of the digital adoption process.
2. Recognition and credibility
Adding a certification to one’s resume demonstrates a certain level of achievement and skills.
Obtaining a DAP certification from the Digital Adoption Institute does several things:
- Demonstrates dedication and commitment to the field of digital adoption
- Adds the professionalism associated with WalkMe’s name
- Shows that one has achieved a certain level of competence
One of the biggest benefits to this added credibility is that it opens up new possibilities for one’s career.
3. More career prospects
Digital adoption is a fast-growing field that, like every other business discipline, offers job opportunities at every level, from management to technician.
As mentioned above, there are three types of professionals that the DAP certification can benefit – those interested in building, managing, or leading digital adoption projects.
However, it is important to realize that in the modern organization, digital adoption is does not always go by the label “digital adoption.”
In many cases, other terms cover the same territory, such as:
- User, product, or software adoption
- Software implementation
- User training and onboarding
- Digital transformation
Many of the job roles that deal with these activities also handle digital adoption, despite the difference in terminology.
DAP certifications, therefore, can be useful for a variety of careers, even if they don’t use the same vocabulary.
4. Better performance on the job
Skills, knowledge, and abilities, as mentioned above, are one of the main benefits that come with certification.
Those improved job skills, in turn, help digital adoption professionals achieve better results on the job.
Professionals with a certification, for example, will:
- Have a better understanding of how to engineer and implement digital adoption solutions for customers and their employers
- Know how to properly coordinate a digital adoption project, organize teams, provide appropriate user training, and lead those teams through a project
- Understand digital adoption from a strategic perspective and learn how to properly scale and implement new technology across an organization
Ultimately, these skills will drive better outcomes and performance, regardless of one’s role in the digital adoption process. Those improvements, in turn, will add further value to customers, clients, and employers, not to mention one’s own track record.
5. Preparation for the digital future
Today’s digital economy will only become more digital with time. According to most experts, we are still in the midst of a major technological revolution, and in the coming years, the business landscape will undergo profound shifts.
Digital transformation, in short, will continue to alter the economy for the foreseeable future.
In the next several years and decades, businesses will continue to adopt new technology, new business practices, and digital-first strategies.
From the organization’s perspective, this means that digital adoption, the process of embracing new technology, will become one of the few unchanging business processes.
From the employee’s perspective, this means that digital adoption skills are one of the best areas to invest in – and a DAP certification, as we have seen, is one of the best ways to gain those skills.
Digital adoption is a core process within digital transformation, according to Deloitte. And many other major consulting firms, such as Gartner, have recognized the value of this business discipline.
As mentioned above, there are a number of other terms and business functions that overlap with digital adoption, such as product adoption or software adoption.
Digital adoption, according to WalkMe, “means achieving a state in which users gain the ability to use digital tools as they are intended and to the fullest extent.”
Other types of adoption, however, carry different nuances, and in most cases, they are not as comprehensive or useful, at least from a strategic standpoint.
When evaluating career training options such as DAP certification, therefore, it is useful to learn more about the difference between user adoption, software adoption, product adoption, and digital adoption.